Sunday, April 27, 2014

Avene: Eau Thermale: Thermal Spring Water

I've become a little obsessed with facial sprays/mists these past few months. This is only my second purchase, but I have my eye on a few from Sephora and one from Laneige.

When I was at my local drugstore, I decided to pick up a facial spray from Avene.


I went with the 50ml travel size first, since I wasn't sure how I would like it. 

Avene has been around since the 1700's, and offer many different products for sensitive skin. They have more than 300 studies to prove Avene sooths and softens the skin.

Taken from the Avene website:
Avene Thermal Spring Water soothes, softens and calms skin.

Perfect for sun burns, razor burns and other forms of irritations.  

Packaging:

Comes in an aerosol can and you don't even need to press hard to get a lot of the mist to cover your face. I prefer the non aerosol sprays because it doesn't come out as strong. I also find that because the spray comes out so easily, I use it up faster.


Product/Formula:

The good thing about this spray, is that it's hypoallergenic and preservative free. From the website, it says that it starts out as rain water, and it is naturally infused with silicate and other elements that are soothing for the skin. My face doesn't get irritated often, but I use this spray when my skin feels dry or I'm really warm and need to cool down a bit. 

Final Thoughts:

Overall, I do like this product; it's refreshing and definitely soothing. The only qualms I have over this is the price and the fact that it's just spring water. Granted yes, hypoallergenic, contains silicate and other trace elements etc etc, but if I were to buy a small spray bottle from the dollar store and filled it up with diluted water from my home, would it have the same effect? I don't break out when I shower or anything, so obviously the water I have is alright for my skin too. It is also a little expensive for what it is- spring water.

I don't hate this product. It's quite nice, and I do have it in my bag when I go out. But it makes me think, do I need it? I look at other face mists such as Caudalie's Beauty Elixir and I find myself wanting that more, because it advertises a lot of benefits. 

If I see this spray on sale, I may be more inclined to pick it up, but I won't go out of my way to buy it- especially full price. There are other face mists I would like to try first before I go back to this. 

Original price was $9 something. I was lucky enough to pick it up for 20% off. So I paid $8 and some change. 
I believe the 100ml bottles is $16 or more, depending on where you buy it.

What is your favourite face mist? Have you tried Avene's Thermal Spring Water spray before?

No comments :

Post a Comment