Sunday, July 29, 2018

OPERA - Lip Tint Rouge Review and Swatch

When I was in Japan, I only bought a few lip products. Majority of the lip products I purchased were actually lip care. 
The past year I've slowly began to go through the products I've purchased and this one is a huge stand out of all of my purchases. 


I mentioned in my 2017 favourites that I LOVED Ettusais' lip essence. I used it everyday and I've already finished it.

But move aside Ettusais, there's a new lippie in town! I have been OBSESSED with this lip tint by Opera. It was also ranked #1 best selling product by Cosme in 2017. Cosme is a Japanese cosmetics shopping site (they also have a few stores around Tokyo) that also releases a list of their best selling items every year.

Opera is a brand that mainly focuses on lips and only sells two lip products. After reading their concept, I completely relate to their concept and what they're trying to achieve.

Taken from their website :
Our lip makeup easily and instantly achieves the ideal beauty of modesty and charm. Be effortlessly attractive with the sensational it Lady lips
I have been using this exclusively everyday at work. I am in LOVE with this lip tint.



Packaging
The packaging is quite simple. The container is maybe aluminum? Some sort of metal that scuffs up pretty easily when thrown in a bag or a pocket. Mine doesn't look the nicest anymore, but that's alright. It's what's inside that I love!

After looking through the website, certain areas around Japan offer name engraving onto the cap!

Product
The colour is just stunning and suits my skin tone beautifully. It offers a hint of red that isn't too pigmented. However, you can certainly build it up if you wish. The colour I have is shade 01 red. In the tube it looks really bright, but it actually quite sheer and natural. My favourite!

I love how smooth the application is. It glides on like butter and feels sooo comfortable on the lips. As I prefer to wear my makeup more natural, one swipe offers more than enough colour for me. It also is unscented which is a HUGE plus for me!

I found the product doesn't cake up in any corners, doesn't flake off and doesn't dry out my lips either. While it's a balm tint, it does still offer a decent amount of moisture for my lips. However, I would not rely on to moisturize my lips as well as a regular lip balm. It ain't replacing my Jack Black lip balm anytime soon.

Anyway, even though it is a tint it doesn't leave any sort of stain on my lips. That being said, there isn't much longevity in this lip tint. The product does come off quite easily when I eat or drink. But I don't mind. I can overlook all of these things because it never advertised it would be long lasting. Tints never end up looking good on me anyway, so this is actually a positive for me.


Overall Thoughts

This product honestly checks off all the boxes for me. It's non-scented, sheer, my lips look great- super nice and juicy. I never realized how much some lip colour can really brighten up my face. I look more alive! It feels incredible on the lips, and if I haven't mentioned it before, I love this damn thing!

I can see why this was the #1 selling lip product in 2017. It's become my #1 lip product as well! I purchased this for 1500 yen + taxes. Which is about $18 CAD + taxes. It is a little expensive, but I think it's worth the money. I still love the Ettusais lip essence and I'll probably buy a few more of those, but I will stock UP on these when I find them.

When I was telling my fiance how much I loved these, he even mentioned I should buy more than a few to bring back. HE'S telling ME to buy more makeup?? Don't have to tell me twice!

What's been your favourite go to lip product lately? Have you tried Opera lip products before?

Summary

The Good

  • Non-scented
  • Sheer but buildable
  • Applies really nicely
  • Not drying
  • Does not sit into any crevices on the lips 

The Bad
  • Difficult to buy outside of Japan 
  • Packaging gets scratched up easily

1 comment :