Wednesday, September 26, 2018

New! Benton's repackaged Tea Tree Mist. Now in a larger bottle and better spray!

Lately, I have really been into mists/facial sprays. The reasoning may not be the best, but I mainly like it because I'm usually rushing for work in the morning. So I like sprays because they save me time and they're great for layering my skincare. 

If you haven’t heard or tried Benton products before, you definitely should. I’ve used their Snail bee line and I really like it. Great for anti-wrinkle care and very moisturizing during the winter. 


I’ve always known that Benton uses high quality ingredients and they focus on freshly made products by sticking to small batch productions, however, the actual story behind Benton is actually quite interesting.

Taken from their website:
“Benton is inspired by and named after the movie, ‘The Curious Case of Benjamin Button’ in which Benjamin Button grows younger with time […] Benton desires to restore you skin back to its original healthy condition with healthy recipes, rather than to give temporary effects with harmful ingredients.”

Benton was kind enough to send me their new Tea Tree Mist to review. They recently repackaged the product boasting a larger bottle and better spray.

I don’t use tea tree products too often, but I always rely on it when I break out. If you’re not familiar with tea tree, it is offers great anti-bacterial properties which is used to treat infections. But it does also have soothing and deodorizing effects too.


It also contains Sodium Hyaluronate (the sodium salt of hyaluronic acid). Used in cosmetics, it helps keep the skin moist and firm.

Taken from their website:
“Benton Tea Tree Mist contains a high content of locally produced tea tree leaf water, which soothes skin that is dry and irritated due to external factors. Hyaluronic acid in the mist hydrates and keep skin moist”

This spray is recommended for preventing skin damage, irritated skin that needs soothing and improving healthy skin. 


Packaging

The bottle is quite sturdy. I definitely want to keep it and use for other sprays once I’m finished with it. Though Benton does mention that it’s hygienic and vacuum sealed, so I don’t want to try opening it until I’m finished. Aside from that, the spray is nice as well. It doesn’t clump up in certain areas and spreads quite evenly.

I’m glad they came out with a larger bottle. The bottle contains 80ml, which is still small compared to other sprays, but it’s a good size. Small enough that if you want to throw it in your bag to spritz throughout the day, it won’t take up too much space.

Product

I’ve been using this spray for the past few weeks now and I’ve been enjoying it. For example, it’s that time of the month, so a small zit has appeared on my cheek. I’ve been using this spray day and night and have found it has helped calm my skin as it hasn’t been too red or inflamed.

Even though it does contain sodium hyaluronate, I found the mist wasn’t nearly as moisturizing as I hoped. I would say it lasted for a good 5 minutes before my face started to feel dry and needed to continue on with my skincare.

Overall thoughts

It’s been a few weeks and my skin has really been enjoying this mist. I find my skin is feeling more moisturized and calm as well. I didn’t mention this before but it’s also quite nice that the spray isn’t scented at all.

I think if this is on sale I would restock this. However, I have a few other mists I need to finish so I’m no rush to get this once I finish it.

Benton sells their products through ebay and this mist is available for $19 CAD with free shipping.

Have you tried this before? What are some of your favourite mists?

Summary

The Good
  • Spray covers larger, even area
  • Hydrating
  • Soothing
  • Sturdy container
  • Non-scented

The Bad
  • Not as hydrating as advertised
This product was sent to me complimentary in exchange to my honest review. My opinion is my own and it is in no way influenced. 

No comments :

Post a Comment