Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Berrisom - Lip Tint Cleanser Review

Hey everyone!

It is getting pretty darn cold out. Just last week it was fairly warm out but this past week it's been consistently 5-10 degrees. I'm not ready for winter yet! I'll have to bust out my thick moisturizers in another month or so.

Continuing the theme of lip products from last week, I thought I'd review a lip cleanser from Berrisom.


I know, just use a makeup remover. Why do we need a lip cleanser?

Well where's the fun in that? Besides, this also doubles up as a lip scrub.

Taken from the Memebox website:
A gentle lip scrub that effectively removes dead skin cells to keep the lips smooth, soft and healthy. This lip cleanser fully removes lip tint or any other lip products to ensure that the lips are free from impurities and makeup residues. Not only this lip tint cleanser exfoliates the lips, it is also enriched and fortified with Vitamin E to fully nourish the lips and maintain its natural, healthy colour
Packaging

The packaging is exactly the same as their lip tints. This includes the same annoyingly pointed tip. I would not recommend applying the cleanser through the tube. The application is not that good and the tint would transfer onto the tip anyway. To keep it clean and more hygienic, I dispensed a pea sized amount onto my finger.


The amount I have on my finger is more than enough to cover the entirety of my lips. 

The white specs in the cleanser are what help exfoliate the lips. 


I'm testing out the cleanser using one of the Berrisom Lip Tints in shade Sexy Red. I actually quite like this tint in comparison to the Virgin Red one I swatched and reviewed earlier. The colour is more even and less patchy. I might give these lip tints another chance!


Once applied on the lips, leave it for at least 1 or 2 minutes. I recommend leaving it for just 1 minute or so. I felt the cleanser start to tingle on my lips. Any longer and the tingling would be too unbearable. 

The scent is exactly the same as the lip tints as well. It smells exactly like chemicals. These by far are the most unappealing scents of any lip product I've every used.

Aft
The cleanser reacts very similarly to an exfoliating peel. The lip tint along with any dead skin clump together. 


After wiping the cleanser off, my lips felt incredibly soft. The photo above is right after I removed the cleanser. I don't even have lip balm on. My lips didn't feel stripped of moisture or anything. 

DO NOT lick your lips after!! It tastes terrible! Don't make the same mistake as I did. So after removing the cleanser, I recommend rinsing with water to get rid of the horrendous chemical taste and scent. 

Overall Thoughts

I gotta say, I'm quite impressed at how well this cleanser removed the lip tint. It also does a pretty decent job in exfoliating my lips as well. 

Though the question is, is it more effective than makeup remover? Probably not. I would say it does just as good of a job. If you're already removing your makeup, it's not necessary to add an additional step to your routine by including this. 

I don't usually wear tints or lip stains, so I won't use this nearly as much. But I do enjoy the gentle exfoliation this offers. 

While it's worth a try, it's definitely not necessary. 

You can find this on Memebox currently on sale for $4 USD or on Yesstyle for $8.46 CAD. 

What do you think? Will you try this out?

The Good
- Exfoliates
- Vitamin e ingredients helps keep the lips soft
- Doesn't dry out the lips
- Good price

The Bad
- Scent is unappealing
- Applicator isn't great
- Taste is terrible if accidentally licked

*This product was sent to me for my review purposes. My opinion is my own and 100% honest

No comments :

Post a Comment