Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Berrisom - My Lip Tint Pack: Virgin Red Review

Hey everyone!

I'm back with a new post. I've mentioned before how I love trying new beauty/makeup products, especially Korean brand related. The product I'll be reviewing today was from the PinkSeoul KBeauty Box I posted about last month. 

This was the first product I had tried from the subscription box the day I received it. The tattoo lip tint seems to be the latest kbeauty craze. I constantly see the product all over instagram. 


Description of the product taken from Memebox:
Berrisom's Oops my lip tint pack is one of the hippest lip makeup in Korea [...] It's a peel-off type of pack that leaves vibrant colour that lasts for over 12 hours without smearing or fading. 
The colour I received was Virgin Red which is quite bright. I've seen other brand lip tints and the tint once peeled off is quite subtle, but testing this on my hand, I knew Berrisom lip tint would not be the same. The colour packs a punch. Definitely a very vibrant red.

We'll see how this one faired!

Now, I have to preface and say that lip tints don't usually look good on me. My lips are already pretty pigmented and when I apply them on, they always look ombre and I look as if I've just eaten popsicles. I'm on the lookout for a nice lip tint, but I'm all about the neutral look.

They recommend to apply an ample amount onto your lips and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Once the product is fully dry, you can peel the product off


Packaging

The packaging is quite cute and in a typical squeeze tube. You can regulate the amount of tint that comes out, but the only complaint I have about the packaging is with regards to the applicator. As you can see in the photo above, the tip is rather small. The small applicator is good when it comes to dispensing the product onto your upper lips and defining the cupids bow, but when it comes to the bottom half or filling up the rest of the lips, it is really troublesome. At the same time, the squeeze bottle can be difficult to apply an even layer onto the lips. I found myself having to go back and fixing certain areas, but I would have to do it quickly, since the product dried up quickly as well.
You'll have a better idea of what I mean from the photos below.

Product

Now prepare yourself for some close up shots of my mouth!


As I mentioned above with the application, you can see that it doesn't apply straight. It definitely bleeds before it dries up. Almost immediately after it is applied onto the lips, it becomes sticky. A lot of photos I've seen, the models have their lips closed while they wait for the product to dry. I would not recommend this method, as the product sticks together. You basically cannot speak for at least 10 minutes while you wait for the product to dry. 


When I received this tint from PinkSeoul, they did mention the smell and taste is quite bad. They were not kidding.. this stuff stinks! It just smells of chemicals and tastes super bad! Do NOT lick your lips after peeling this stuff off. Even 20 minutes after. 

Peeling off the product is quite easy. I can grab onto a bit from the edge of my lip and pull. 


This is what my lips look like once I peeled it off. It has the gradient lip that is really popular right now. I'm not really a fan honestly, as it looks rather messy to me. 

The product also advertises no smudging or fading for at least 12 hours, but I found the product smudged quite easily and the tint itself lasted at least 4 hours. It does fade with dignity and I was left with quite a light tint on my lips. 


Berrisom recommends to add a gloss or lip balm to add moisture on the lips. The product itself isn't overly drying or anything, but I do find the shade a lot nicer with a balm on top. Though from the photo above it emphasizes the patchy parts on my lips. You can definitely tell the product distribution is uneven.  

Overall thoughts:

I was quite curious to try this lip tint since I saw it all over the internet. I'm quite happy to have tried it, but it is not something I would gravitate towards. 

The applicator is a bit of a hassle to use and majority of the time, the product ends up unevenly applied on the lips. 

I do recommend exfoliating your lips before use as the product will sink into the creases, creating darker patches all over the lips. 

I received the Berrisom Lip Tint from PinkSeoul. They do have the full Berrisom set available at their shop. If you want to purchase them individually, they are available through Yesstyle, Amazon and Ebay. The price averages between $7-10 CAD. 

Have you tried these lip tints before? Are you interested in trying them out?

No comments :

Post a Comment