Sunday, December 28, 2014

Fall/Winter Empties + short reviews. L'Occitane, Missha and The Body Shop

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday! I can't believe it's already going to be 2015 soon! Time sure flies!

I'm surprised with how much I managed to use up these past couple of months. I also can't believe I managed to keep all the containers for so long.


These posts will be few and far between, but let's take a look at what I managed to use up from the past couple months!



From left to right: face skincare
  • Missha Super Aqua waterfull cream - the scent wasn't my most favourite. Reminded slightly of men's aftershave. Aside from the scent, I quite liked how moisturizing the product was. A little went a long way, which was why it took me a while to use it up. The packaging was REALLY bulky and was a little annoying when I packed my skincare bag. Overall, it was good, but I have since found other products I enjoy more. I purchased this on ebay between $20-$25 CAD with shipping included
  • Tea Tree 90 Essence - this was a deluxe sample I received from one of my memeboxes I ordered in the summer. I would not purchase a full size of this. I didn't find it helped improve my skin at all really. It wasn't an oil and not as thick as most essences I've used. Someone could have replaced the product with water and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. On the package it advertised trouble control care, natural moisturizing and power brightening. I didn't find my face improved for any of those. I used this in the summer so I didn't need a lot of moisturizing properties. But even then I still felt like my skin was dry and pulled after applying this product. Not my favourite and I would not recommend
  • L'Occitane Creme Radieuse Hydration Cream - I loved using this cream during the summer. It was really light and moisturizing. The only negative aside from the price is the scent. Very citrusy, which is not my favourite. Though it wasn't too strong, I did manage to get used to it. I only used this during the summer, but for the winter it would be too thin and not moisturizing enough. If the scent doesn't deter you, I would recommend you check it out. I purchased this from L'Occitane for $46 CAD
  • L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate - Oh... if this wasn't so darn expensive ($59 for 200ml) I would use this EVERYDAY. I looove this almond cream! After the first use, my skin became so much softer. The lotion is so light and silky just as advertised. But it made me worried if it would be as moisturizing. I was wrong. This is likely from the almond oil (which makes me really curious to try the Almond Supple Skin Oil spray. The milk concentrate I received was 100ml from a Mother's Day box set I purchased when I was in NYC last year. I didn't find my skin that much firmer than when I wasn't using it. Honestly, if you want firmer legs, exercise is the best way to get it. Not lotion. But for the hydration, definitely an amazing product. I will definitely repurchase in the future
  • L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam - I received this full sized cleanser as a gift with purchase. I haven't thrown it out as I have the other containers just in case I do decide to repurchase this. L'Occitane sells bags of their cleanser shampoos, almond shower oil to conserve waste. The scent again was something I did not like. Took me a while to get used to it. It's very gentle and I like how it leaves my skin feeling soft and not dry and pulled. It's not strong enough to remove all make up. I definitely used another product before using this to clean any remaining makeup my face may have. I'm currently using Softymo speed cleansing foam which I feel is exactly the same minus the scent. With it being half the price of this cleanser, I'll probably stick to Softymo. That being said, this is still a really good product and I would recommend it

Body care:
  • L'Occitane Amande Shower Oil - Another container I have not thrown out. I only used this during the summer and I found it pretty moisturizing. Most of the time I found I didn't have to put on body butter after, cause my skin was still hydrated. I did not get to use this when the colder weather came around. It also advertises you can use it to shave. Definitely a good 2 in 1 product. It took some time getting use to this shower oil, since it didn't lather up too much. I likely ended up using more than I should have because of it. But I still really like it and I would repurchase
  • The Body Shop Passion Fruit Body Butter - I love TBS body butters and I have for years. As always, great and I plan on repurchasing this scent when it is in stores again. You can read my review here
I didn't realize how many L'Occitane products I used up until I went to take these photos. I have not gone to repurchase a lot of these (aside from the body butter of course), but once I finish up the memebox products, I will look back at the products I enjoyed and restock.

L'Occitane can be pretty expensive. I would keep an eye out on their gift boxes they come out every holiday or mother's day, etc. That way, you can try a number of different products for the price of a full sized. I received their hand cream for free one time, I loved it so much I went back and purchased a full size of it. 

What products have you been loving and what have you used up? 
Have a wonderful New Year everyone!

Follow me on instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment