Sunday, March 8, 2015

Jan - March Empties 2015 + short reviews: The Body Shop, Hair Mask, Perfume, etc.

Hey there everyone!

I've been a little busy these past couple months, so I apologize for the lack of posts. 

Today I'm back with another empties post! 
This winter has been the coldest to be recorded in the past... 10 years? And I believe it. I've been wearing leggings/stockings under my jeans and some days I feel like doubling up the leggings. IT'S FAR TOO COLD OUTSIDE. 


Anyway, because it's been so cold out, I've been looking for more hydrating products. First winter where I've had dry patches of skin all over my face. 

Skincare


Left to right:

1. The Body Shop - Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-oil
I purchased this in the summer after hearing good things on the internet and from my friends. Now I was hesitant because I have REALLY oily skin. My nose area gets so oily... well I won't disgust you with any analogies. I found this product to be way too much for my skin in the summer. So I saved this to use in the winter instead. When I first started using it, I still wasn't used to the feeling oil all over my face. The good thing about this is that it doesn't feel greasy nor does it leave your face feeling that way. Though I would still recommend putting this on at least 20 minutes before bed, so it can properly be absorbed into the skin. In the morning, my skin felt incredibly moisturized. This winter I've been getting dry patches all over my face and with this oil serum, they went away within days.
I haven't repurchased this, since I am currently using another face oil (from the IOPE memebox from a while back) but for next winter, I may repurchase this. Compared to the other face oils on the market, this is reasonably priced and it works!

2. Dream Come True - Bounce Cheese Cream
I know what you're thinking. "Bounce Cheese Cream"?! I was taken a back by the title also. But once I started using it, I wanted to slather it all over my face! No it doesn't smell like cheese, so for those of you who dislike the dairy product, don't worry. The cream is scent free! The only cheese related thing about it is the consistency. The best way to describe it, is that it is like melted mozzarella. If you put your finger into the cream and pull away, it stretches like melted cheese. 
A little goes a long way for this product. It isn't sticky at all what-so-ever. For such a little amount it provides so much moisture on the face. I LOVE this! 
Unfortunately, this product is pretty difficult to find. It's not available on amazon or ebay. BUT I have found it on this website called koreadepart. For 75ml, it is $28 USD which is a really good price! I definitely recommend trying this.

3. The Body Shop - Limited edition Candy Apple Body Butter
This scent was available during Christmas. Some stores may still be getting rid of their Xmas products so you may still be able to find it. If you're not into sweet scents, this is not for you. It is very, very sweet. I found it rather nice and not as overwhelmingly sweet like their raspberry or strawberry scents. 
My review of the other body butter scents:

Miscellaneous 


Left to Right:

1. Crysence - Organic Hair Essence 
You can read my full review of it here.

2. Paco Rabanne - Black XS For Her Perfume
Taken from their website:
A rock'n'roll style, a feminine signature in the segment of audacity. She is a stunny rebel princess who breaks the rules and habits.
I bought this perfume I'd say... 4 years ago? It lasted me quite a long time! But I also don't wear that much perfume, 1 or 2 sprays at most and I am off and on with it too. The perfume has a nice mix of fruity, floral and woody scents.
The notes: (taken from the website)
Top notes: Tamarind flower - Cranberries
Heart notes: Hellebore rose - Black violet
Base notes: Massoia wood - Black vanilla

I loved this scent when I first purchased it. Not that I don't love it anymore, but my tastes have changed a bit and I'm looking for a more mature scent. I would continue using this if I were going out with friends, but not to work. I don't ever reapply scents and this lasts for quite a while.
If you're looking to try something different, check this out. It's been around for a while. so it shouldn't be too difficult to find. I bought this at Sears and I have seen them around Shoppers too (for Canadian shoppers).

What products have you used up these past few months?

2 comments :

  1. I love the body shop , your blog post has made me want to go run out and buy something hehe xx

    Wonderlandstaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love TBS! Their products are great and they always have amazing sales too! Their membership system is pretty sweet also.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete